It’s not the same party it used to be!
- Leading Tory moderate MPs have been thrown out of the party.
- Other moderates such as Amber Rudd, Rory Stewart and Jo Johnson are standing down.
- Five Tory MPs have joined the LibDems.
- Famous former Tory MPs including Michael Heseltine and Times columnist Matthew Parris have voted LibDem already or plan to.
- The Tory Party has been infiltrated by former UKIP members.
- Boris Johnson planned a crash out Brexit and was only stopped because he didn’t have a majority – if he now gets a majority we will be back in that position in a year’s time. Boris’s ‘deal’ is only the Withdrawal Agreement, believe it or not that is the easy part. The Trade Agreement with the EU will be much harder.
- If the Tories win a majority the Brexit fiasco will continue.
“A no-deal Brexit will stay on the table if the Conservatives win the general election, Michael Gove says, admitting the UK could still crash out of the EU without a trade deal. Asked if a no-deal remained a threat at the end of 2020 – when the brief transition period will finish – Boris Johnson’s key ally replied: “It’s always the case that we need to prepare for every eventuality.” The admission will fuel criticism that leaving the EU’s political structures with the prime minister’s deal, at the end of January, leaves open the “trapdoor” of losing all economic and security ties less than a year later.” – The Independent
Far from ‘Getting Brexit Done’ we will have a continuation of the situation for at least another year, probably followed by another extension or a crash out No Deal Brexit.
… and locally?
Fareham is used to having moderate Tory MPs (Peter Lloyd and Mark Hoban). Our current MP is more extreme when it comes to the EU, being a member of the ERG, having voted against Prime Minister Theresa May’s deal three times and having said that she is in favour of a No Deal Brexit.
Neither Boris Johnson nor Jeremy Corbyn deserve to win.
This time Vote Matthew Winnington,