Council ‘Call in’ meeting of executive member decision No 2291 – Portchester car parks Traffic Regulation order.
At 6.00p.m. on Wednesday 18th August 2021, there was a council meeting of the Health and Public Protection Scrutiny Panel, called in to determine whether or not to accept the decision to implement the charges, or to request that the executive member reconsiders the decision, giving reasons for such a request.
The “Call In” was requested because we, your Portchester East councillors, felt that five points had not been fully considered, these were, briefly,
- Lack of publicity surrounding the public’s right to attend the decision,
- The lack of fully considering the effect on the long-standing Portchester Gala and the use of the car parking areas.
- The lack of exploring alternative revenue from higher coach charges.
- Why 3- or 6- month season tickets could not be considered and why these should incur increased costs.
- Gave no consideration to volunteers who will have to pay to continue volunteering for St. Mary’s Church, the Sailing Club and the scouts, amongst others.