The Conservative record:
- Developers allowed to build, build, build with little thought given to providing infrastructure.
- Schools, health facilities and road improvements often follow years after housing.
- Roads and pavements collapsing: pavement resurfacing down to once in every 252 years.
- Bus services axed
- Rural school transport ended for our youngest children.
The Lib Dem alternative:
- Rethink development and new homes, working with district councils to ensure infrastructure comes flrst, with the right homes in the right places.
- Backing Green Belts, such as in South Hants, to allow our communities and wildlife space to breathe and move.
- Bringing forward investment in sustainable transport
- Integrating rail and bus seryices
- Supporting buses and improved community transport
- A County-wide plan for electric charging points.